PreorderDerived from FS820 which has the solid spruce top and mahogany back/sides, FSX820C has a cutaway body and the electric system. Yamaha's proprietary under-saddle piezo pickup and System66 analog preamp ensure the solid plugged-in performance. The small and thin body is perfect not only for female/young players but for intermediate to upper level finger-picking style players.
Newly Developed Scalloped Bracing
A new FG has louder and stronger sound in the low- to mid-ranges, thanks to cutting-edge acoustic analysis technology developed by the Yamaha R&D Division.
Yamaha’s engineers have achieved this sound by utilizing analysis and simulation to arrive at the best bracing design without depending on tradition or guesswork.
This analysis led to the development of the new scalloped bracing pattern, a new and ideal acoustic structure that maintains the durability of the top board while bringing out the most sound the Yamaha FG has to offer.
50 Years of History
The history of Yamaha‘s FG series started in 1966 with the release of the FG180 and FG150. Over the 50 years since its introduction, we have developed and produced several generations of FG - all of which have made FG the ideal acoustic for contemporary players.
In all, there have been over 200 FG models since 1966.
Made in Yamaha
Every aspect of an FG is crafted to make a better guitar. From painstakingly cured and dried woods to beautiful hand-sprayed finishes and detailed quality control checks each and every FG is made to be a lifelong partner.
Mahogany Back & Sides
Warm and strong sound
Comfort and Creativity
The FS model body is 10mm slimmer than that of the FG body, offering increased comfort and playability with no loss of volume or bass. Having a body that is easier to hold makes the FS more appealing to beginners and smaller guitarists, including female players. In addition, the smaller dimensions and lower propensity to feedback make FS guitars ideal for stage use.
System 66 feature an under-saddle piezo pickup developed by Yamaha. Controls include a 3-band EQ, an adjustable mid-range frequency control, and a precision chromatic tuner for optimum sound tailoring. The system is powered by easy to obtain AA-size batteries that provide a stable power supply for improved sound quality.
- Body Shape : Concert Cutaway
- Scale Length : 634mm (25)
- Body Length : 497mm (19 9/16)
- Total Length : 1021mm (40 3/16)
- Body Width : 380mm (14 15/16)
- Body Depth : 90-110mm (3 9/16- 4 5/16)
- Nut Width : 43mm (1 11/16)
- String Spacing * : 10.0mm
- Top Material : Solid Spruce
- Back Material : Mahogany
- Side Material : Mahogany
- Neck Material : Nato
- Fingerboard Material : Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius : R400mm (23 5/8)
- Bridge Material : Rosewood
- Nut Material : Urea
- Saddle Material : Urea
- Bridge Pins : Black ABS with White Dot
- Tuners : Die-cast Chrome(TM29T)
- Body Binding : Cream
- Soundhole Inlay : Black + White
- Pickguard : Tortoise Pattern
- Body Finish : Gloss
- Neck Finish : Matt
- Electronics : SYSTEM66 + SRT Pickup
- Controls : Vol/3-band EQ/Tuner/Mid FQ
- Connections : LINE OUT
- Strings : .012/.016/.025(or.024)/.032/.042/.052(or.053)
- Color : Natural, Brown Sunburst
- Accessories : Hex Wrench, 2 x AA Batteries
- Case : None
2 Year Yamaha Warranty (No Registration Required)