Authentic Sounds and 4 Zone Control
The Casio PX-5S features newly developed sounds such as the classic electric piano, clav and harpsichord sounds. Release samples can be found alongside some of these tones with amp and speaker simulations for an authentic listening experience. Each zone on the PX-5S can control an internal sound, an external MIDI device or both simultaneously. The 4 zone controller has 4 knobs and 6 sliders all of which are completely configurable to control internal sounds, effects parameters or send continuous controllers to other gear. The ‘Stage Setting’ feature can be used to easily access the sounds you need for your performance. Each Stage Setting configures up to 4 keyboard zones, knob / slider assignments, phrases, arpeggios and effects settings. Each of the 4 zones in a Stage Setting can control an internal PX-5S tone, an external MIDI device or both simultaneously.
Hex Layers were originally introduced in the award winning XW-P1 synthesizer. Due to the power of the AiR sound source, PX-5S takes them several steps further. A Hex Layer is a single complex tone that can be made up of six sample layers. These can be stacked (layered), split or velocity switched. Each of those six layers gets its own filter (LP, HP, BP) and filter envelope, its own AMP envelope and pitch envelope (all 7 stage envelopes). You can even have layers that are triggered on key-release. A Hex Layer tone gets its own insert effect but you can choose if a layer uses that insert or the amount that goes to the system effects (chorus, delay, reverb). Best of all, the PX-5S can use two Hex Layer tones simultaneously.
Lightweight an Portable with USB MIDI Connectivity
The PX-5S is the one of the lightest, weighted action stage pianos available at just 10.9kg, this vastly improves the portability of the piano making it ideal for gigging musicians. The PX-5S can operate for hours with 8 standard AA batteries so you don’t need to worry about a lack of power source when playing in unknown venues.
Casio continues the tradition or providing “class compliant” USB connectivity on Privia digital pianos. This allows Privia to be used with Mac or Windows computers without the need for downloading drivers. Class Compliant USB MIDI also allows Privia digital pianos can also be used as a controller the Apple iPad simply with the use of Apple’s Camera Connection Kit (sold separately).
– Keyboard: 88-key, Tri-sensor Scaled Hammer Action II
– Maximum Polyphony: 256 Notes
– Number of Tones: 340 Preset / 220 User
– Controllers: 4 knobs, 6 sliders, Pitch & Modwheel, 2 Pedal Inputs
– Arpeggiator: 4 simultaneous programmable
– Phrase Sequencer: 8 Tracks, up to 1,000 phrases
– Storage: USB / File & Audio Recording
– System Effects: Reverb, Chorus, Delay, String & Damper Resonance
– Insert Effects: 4 simultaneous / Equalizer, Compressor, Limiter, Enhancer, Early Reflection, Phaser, Chorus, Flanger, Tremolo, Auto Pan, Rotary, Drive Rotary, LFO Wah, Auto Wah, Distortion (w/ Amp Simulator), Pitch Shifter, Multi Chorus, Ring Mod, Delay, Piano effect
– Master Effects: 4 Band EQ & Compressor
– MIDI: Independent USB & MIDI I/O
– Audio Terminals: 1/4″ L&R Input & Output, 1/8″ Audio Input
– Weight: 24 lbs
For warranty information for this product, please contact us.